Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Openness in Education (#h817open)

This is Activity #3 for the Open Education course I'm taking (see this post for more details) - #h817open

Today, I offer an infographic intended to summarize some aspects of the content of these two references:

Anderson, T. (2009) Alt-C Keynote [online]. Available at http://www.slideshare.net/terrya/terry-anderson-alt-c-final .

Weller, M. (2012) ‘The openness–creativity cycle in education’, Special issue on Open Educational Resources, JIME, Spring 2012 [online]. Available at http://jime.open.ac.uk/jime/article/view/2012-02 .
 
[Graphic by D. Barr, released under a Creative Commons Attribution license}

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the tree metaphor with big as the trunk and little as the leaves. I may borrow that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope you will. It occurs to me that there are several other characteristics of the leafy, little OER part of the tree that didn't make it in to the infographic. This region is also where growing, branching and periodic transformation (annual leaf shedding, budding, etc.) occur. The upper portion is the most dynamic part of the tree, and it's perhaps apt that it is usually referred to as the crown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one, Dave. I particularly like the whirlpool and gives me an idea of how to develop my own visual a bit further

    ReplyDelete